Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
- 750 g green tiger prawns
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
Caramelised White, Apple and Fennel Dressing Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 25ml Caramelised White
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 50 g fennel, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- To garnish: a few fresh chives
- Peel and de-vein the prawns, leaving the tail shells on. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a small nonstick frying pan over medium heat and dry-fry the fennel seeds for 1–2 minutes, then grind coarsely in a spice mill or with a pestle and mortar. Whisk together with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and the other ingredients for the dressing.
- Heat the griller to medium-high. Toss the prawns in the oil and season to taste, then grill for 2 minutes on each side, or until pink and opaque.
- Divide the prawns between serving plates, pour over the dressing, garnish with chives and serve warm or at room temperature.