Grilled Steaks Balsamico
Total preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
Marinating time: 2 hours
- 4 Beef shoulder top blade steaks (250gram each) or Eye Fillet steaks,
- 1 inch thick Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 170g herb and garlic soft spreadable cheese (make your own if you need to)
- Marinade: ⅔ cup Caramelised Balsamic ¼ cup fig preserves or chopped dried figs
- Place marinade ingredients in blender or food processor; process until blended. Place steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade. Place steaks on BBQ over medium or ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium – medium rare, turning once. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile heat cheese in small saucepan over medium-low heat 2 to 4 minutes or until melted, stirring frequently.
- Serve steaks with cheese sauce.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc. But more importantly, it just tastes great so get stuck into it!!